Cold Press Juicing is the newest kind of juicing technique which was very recently developed as a means for making fresh juices even more nutritious and flavorful. They are gaining much popularity over the traditional centrifugal juicers especially among households which are concerned about healthy living. However, when buying anything new, it’s quite normal to have doubts. This is why it’s absolutely necessary to understand all the pros and cons of every product before buying it. This is how you will understand whether a product is really worth buying or not. If you are considering buying a cold press juicer for yourself but are unsure whether you are making the right decision, you have come to the correct place. Let’s have a look at all the benefits and drawbacks of a cold press juicer to help you decide whether to buy it or not.
- A cold press juicer slowly squeezes the juice out of the fruits and vegetables in a two stage process making sure that all the juice is extracted and the pulp that is left behind is completely dry. A dry pulp will mean that no juice is going to waste. This makes a cold press juicer cost-effective in the long run since it ensures a higher yield with fewer ingredients as compared to the traditional juicers which leave a considerable amount of juice in the pulp to be wasted away.
- The slow juicing technique ensures that minimum heat is produced in the process. This is beneficial because heat destroys the nutrients and living enzymes in food. The smaller the exposure to heat will be, the greater the amount of retained nutrients.
- Another advantage that the cold press juicers offer is a longer shelf life. Fresh juices extracted by a regular juicer quickly start losing nutrients and should be consumed within 24 hours even if stored in the refrigerator. Cold pressed juice, on the other hand, will stay fresh for over 3 days.
- A drawback of any juicing technique is that the drink that is produced has a high concentration of sugar in it. This is because fruits are rich in natural sugars and those who are minimizing their calorie intake will need to keep a check on the amount of fruits they are consuming. However, this drawback can easily be taken care of by adding some vegetables to the juices to limit the number of fruits. ColdPressJuicer can guide you more about in depth.
- Another drawback is the slow speed of the process by which juice is extracted. Many people find it difficult to wait that long for the juice to be extracted.
- It may become difficult to find a good cold press juicer in a limited budget since they are much costlier than the regular juicers. It may even be out of reach for many people.